OceanScore provides emissions- and sustainability-data, driving shipping’s transformation to net-zero. Combining engineering and datascience, our platform offers unique insights into more than 100.000 vessels. We know that shipping is the most environmentally efficient way of transport, but shipping’s emissions need to be addressed. We provide the required transparency and provide data as the necessary basis cross sector collaboration.
OceanScore is a start-up based in Hamburg/Germany and on Madeira/Portugal, with reputable partners like Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC). Our customers are top names in shipping as well as banks, P&I clubs, freight forwarders, cargo owners and ports. But we are still young and moving fast. So, things like homepage, are just coming up
Since launching our first solutions in early 2022, we are embarking on an amazing journey: expanding our product offering, enhancing the depth of data-solutions and driving customer success. This journey needs you:
Working Student Information Systems
- As a summer intern, you will play a critical role in further professionalizing our IT setup. We have developed significant data ingestion and analytics capabilities, a state-of-the-art backend as well as our frontend “Ship Review”. Now we need to take the next step and you will help drive it: Define, document and set-up an Information Security Management System (ISMS) that protects our data and those of our customers. This will include the specifications of such a management system as well as technical and organizational measures to secure that we monitor our respective operations and keep the system up to date as we progress.
- You will closely work with and be guided by our Head of operations as well as by the respective developmental team. The respective ISO will be the basis of your work plus we will work with other digital players to learn about and possibly adopt the best practices.
- Probably most important: You bring new perspectives to the team. We are eager to learn from you too and cannot wait to put your ideas into actions.
- A second year (or more) Bachelor Student with a solid interest in information systems
- Familiar with coding and data analytics at least at a basic level so you understand the context in which we are developing our ISMS
- A structured person, happy to bring structure into the fascinating world of data and IT
- Eager to contribute to making shipping more sustainable
- A team player who sees challenges not problems, is eager to learn and grow personally.
Location: Hamburg / Germany
What do we offer:
- We are a startup, combined with decades of diverse experiences in our team: A great place to grow, learn and have fun. There are no hierarchies – we work as one team
- We work from our office in the “Digital Hub Logistics” incubator in Hamburg’s Hafencity, as well as from home. We will jointly decide on the right mix and are flexible day-to-day
- Plus, as our data analytics capabilities are based in Madeira and our development team in Gdansk, you will get the opportunity to work from those locations for some time as well
- Young and vibrant as we are, you have plenty of opportunity to have real impact, to decide on our way ahead. And on shipping’s path to net-zero. You will have high degrees of independence in your work.
- And sure, you get your days off and a regular salary
- We are looking for a summer intern but are happy to look beyond. Your contribution to our journey will be needed beyond this summer – we would be happy to explore ways to keep you in the team when this summer ends and you continue/finish your studies
Want to learn more? We would be happy to learn more about you.
Please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org