Account Manager Freight Forwarding / Hamburg / Germany
OceanScore provides emissions- and sustainability-data, driving shipping’s transformation to net-zero. Combining engineering and datascience, our platform offers unique insights into more than 100.000 vessels. We know that shipping is the most environmentally efficient way of transport, but shipping’s emissions need to be addressed. We provide the required transparency and provide data as the necessary basis cross sector collaboration.
OceanScore is a start-up based in Hamburg/Germany and on Madeira/Portugal, with reputable partners like Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC). Our customers are top-names in shipping as well as ports, banks, P&I clubs, freight forwarders and cargo owners.
Freight Forwarders play a pivotal role in making shipping more sustainable: They and their customers decide, what vessels will be used in global logistics. We provide the data to make emissions and sustainability a key factor in that decision. We help change the economic imperative of shipping – speeding up the transition to net-zero.
We are embarking on an amazing journey: expanding our product offering, enhancing the depth of data-solutions and driving customer success. This journey needs you:
Account Manager Freight Forwarding
You will be central in developing our customer base. From identifying potential targets to establishing contact, building relationships and finally winning them for OceanScore’s solutions. But it doesn’t stop there: Your role includes making our customers successfully use our solutions.
Shipping is international. Our ambitions don’t stop at borders. We will jointly define what markets to approach in what order.
And we will provide you with whatever it takes to succeed. You are our eyes and ears into the market. We invest in building a portfolio of data-solutions for the markets we serve. Your voice and your customers are what drives us.
As we believe customers come first, you will directly report to one of the two MDs of OceanScore.
- an enthusiastic business builder, eager to contribute to making shipping more sustainable
- building on successful 6+ years in business development and solid relationships with decision makers in German / European freight forwarders and large cargo owners
- comfortable with selling digital solutions and data based services, with a proven ability to “close deals”
- happy to build personal relationships in personal as well as in online meetings
- a teamplayer who sees challenges not problems, is eager to learn and grow personally
Location: Hamburg / Germany
What do we offer:
- We are a startup, combined with decades of diverse experiences in our team: A great place to grow, learn and have fun.
- Young and vibrant as we are, you will have plenty of opportunity to have real impact, to decide on our way ahead. And on shipping’s path to net-zero
- We are relentlessly customer focused. The whole team will work to make you and your customers successful.
- With hubs on Madeira / Portugal as well as in Hamburg / Germany and a global reach, we add an international dimension to the job that makes it even more fun and colorful
- Life has so much to offer: We grant 32 days off per year so that you can make more of it
- And while we strongly believe in teamwork, you will benefit from an attractive bonus scheme
Want to learn more?
We would be happy to learn more about you. Please get in touch: